by Erick Sorensen
YC 19 Bible Study Questions
- Why did God “institute” government?
- Go back to Romans 12:19. There, Paul instructs the church to “never avenge ourselves, but to leave it to the wrath of God.” Contrast that with Romans 13:4b. What does this tell us about how God brings vengeance on the wrongdoer in the present time?
- Why does Paul say we “should be afraid” if we don’t follow the law established by government?
- What should motivate our obedience to the law? (hint: vs. 8-10)
- Is there ever a time where Christians should resist governing authorities?